Experience the magic of golf in Ireland & receive a welcome unlike any other
A golf trip in the Emerald Isle is like stepping into another world, where great golf takes centre stage, where the pace of life is refreshingly sedate and the welcome really is as warm as its reputation suggests.
Whether it’s the bucket-list tour of the South West that takes in Payne Stewart’s beloved Waterville and the legend that is Ballybunion, a Northern Ireland itinerary that covers the powerhouse Royals of Portrush and County Down or even a voyage of discovery to seek out the wild golfing secrets of the North West, we’ve got all of Ireland covered. Check out our best-selling Irish golf vacations to plan your next unforgettable trip.
Why book an Ireland golf trips?
- Visit the home of a quarter of the world’s natural links courses
- Experience Incredible scenery & rugged landscape
- Enjoy the wonderfully friendly & hospitable people
- Immerse yourself in amazing pubs, restaurants & nightlife
- Direct flights into Shannon, Dublin & Belfast from North America
- Taste the fresh Guinness & join in on the great Craic
Where to play on your Ireland golf package?
Unbelievable golf, beautiful scenery & great craic
Golf in Ireland is truly magical. From the stunning natural links to the beautiful scenery, the emerald isle is a popular destination and it's clear to see why. A plethora of golf awaits you, and there is a great selection of hotels just outside of the big cities as well as golf resorts so you can choose between staying in one place or experiencing the culture while drinking a Guinness.
From the picturesque countryside, windswept courses on the rugged coastline and courses near vibrant cities, Ireland offers something for every golfer. Whether you play in Lough Erne, Dublin, Cork or Kerry, many of the courses boast spectacular scenery and are regarded as some of the best golf courses in Ireland.
Our most popular Ireland golf destinations include:
- Dublin - Most well-known for its fantastic Guinness and pub culture, this destination is ideal for groups looking to make the most of a lively city, with untamed links courses and famed parklands right on your doorstep.
- North West Ireland - Discover this underrated part of the Emerald Isle, home to County Sligo, Donegal and Galway. Stay in quaint towns which provide plenty of character and craic, not to mention all the superb courses.
- Northern Ireland - Known for its championship golf (home of the 2019 Open Championship) discover unreal locations like Belfast, Portrush and Castle Rock. This region is home to magical coastline walks and plenty of culture.
- South West Ireland - Down in the south you will find a warmer climate, an array of links golf courses and great nightlife. Some of the best towns include Cork, Killarney and Limerick. This is Ireland's answer to St Andrews and is perhaps the best place in the world to play golf.
Discover the best golf courses in Ireland
Ireland is blessed with some of the best golf courses in the world, headlined by the outstanding Royal County Down and the breathtaking Ballybunion Golf Club. There is an incredible offering of links golf in Ireland that truly knows no limits. Of the 246 true links courses in the world, almost 20% are in Ireland – so if you love seaside golf, an Ireland golf trip is the one for you.
Wherever you’re looking to play golf in Ireland, all the courses are based in unique, stunning locations across the North, South, East and West. Blessed with miles of stunning, unspoiled natural landscape, the glorious scenery makes Ireland an unmatched destination for a golf vacation.
Some of Ireland's best golf courses include:
- Royal County Down - Three-time host of the Irish Open and ranked the third-best golf course on the World Top 100. Nestled in the mountains of Mourne, blind drives, pristine conditions and picturesque views are to be expected.
- Palmer Course (The K Club) - Host of the historic 2006 Ryder Cup battle, set in 550 acres of rolling County Kildare countryside. The track provides a great test of golf with dog legs, trees, water and thick rough.
- Waterville Golf Links - Located in the unique position between the Atlantic Ocean and Lough Currane, meaning a windy day will require skill to stay on the fairways. The links is known best for its par threes and stunning views.
- Enniscrone Golf Club - Situated on a headland that looks out into Killala Bay at the mouth of the Moy Estuary sits the iconic Enniscrone links. The course holds over a century of history and is consistently ranked amongst Ireland’s top 15 courses.
- Ballyliffin Golf Club - Ireland's most northerly golf course situated on the Inishowen Peninsula. The fairways undulate and provide many memorable holes. The dunes terrain as well as the strong winds makes both of the courses an unbelievable experience.
- Royal Portrush Golf Club - Located on the coast of Northern Ireland and formed in 1888. The golf club was the host of the notorious 2019 Open Championship and is famed for its tricky tee shots and thick rough.
Explore by map
Not sure where to play? Browse our map and to find your ideal destination in a continent of possibilities. We know you will be spoiled for choice! Remember our knowledgeable golf experts are ready to answer any questions.
Indulge in excellent resort & accommodation options
From high-caliber resorts to budget-friendly hotels, there is a wide range of accommodations to choose from in Ireland. For a taste of true luxury, we recommend Fota Island or Dromoland Castle. Both resorts offer outstanding hospitality and service alongside fantastic golf courses.
To get the best value accommodation for an Ireland golf getaway, check out the stay & play packages where you will have everything in the same place which makes discovering the area easier than ever. However, we also recommend taking inspiration from our personalized tours which take away the stress of planning.
Some of the best resorts in Ireland include:
- Adare Manor Hotel - Set to be the host of the 2027 Ryder Cup, the luxury resort has everything you could desire. Also winning Golf Digest’s ‘Best Golf Resorts in Great Britain and Ireland’ for the fifth year running.
- Trump Doonbeg International Golf Links & Hotel - On the South West coast of Ireland, ideal for a luxury escape with an acclaimed links course. Take in the unbelievable views at the seaside location and stay in a unique residential-style accommodation.
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Links - Stay in complete luxury at the four-star Rosapenna on the stunning Downings Beach. Choose from three superb links courses; Old Tom Morris, Sandy Hills and St Patrick’s Links.
- The K Club - Host of the 2006 Ryder Cup and home to two intricate courses. A top destination with a variety of spa and leisure facilities that meet 5-star standards and is great for an Ireland golf trip.
- Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links - A luxury resort situated on a 200-acre estate opposite the famous Velvet Strand beach just outside of Dublin. As well as the championship links on-site there is a great selection of fine cuisine.
Golf travel tips for Ireland
Best months for golfing weather:
Best months for value:
Most popular months:
Our experts recommend:
Ireland is arguably the best golf destination in the world, with incredible links courses, breath-taking scenery and that renowned Irish hospitality.
Senior Golf Vacation Specialist - UK & Ireland
Multiple golf break experiences in one country
Not only is there a vast choice of golf courses across Ireland, but there are also several types of golf vacations you can enjoy during your stay.
Some of our popular golf vacations experiences include:
- UK & Ireland hidden gem golf trips - Discover secluded locations and some of the UK & Ireland's best-kept secrets on your next golf trip. Across the island there is a variety of links layouts in majestic landscapes, without the congestion of some of the bigger name courses.
- Bucket-list Scotland & Ireland golf trips - If you want to walk in the footsteps of golfing greats then a bucket list golf tour to Ireland should be at the top of your list. Take on the courses which feature on The Open Championship and experience all that the Emerald Island has to offer.
- Ireland golf tours - Find a perfectly tailored golf tour so you can experience everything you would ever want from your dream trip across the pond. Whether it's soaking up Belfast culture or staying at Ryder Cup venues, there is something to suit all.
Off the course, there is so much to see and do in Ireland, from the spectacular coastlines and national parks to the lively cities, there is no shortage of things to do off the course.
Take a trip to Dublin for the tasty cuisine and fantastic live music. Learn about Irish folklore, history and culture from some of the welcoming locals in Killarney.
Outdoor lovers should explore the ancient castles and ruins peppered all over the country or discover the natural wonder of The Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland. For some relaxation time, take a stroll along the sandy beaches of Galway Bay.
Why book with anyone else?
- Guaranteed best price, flexible booking and free amendments.