Discover outstanding courses of excellent quality & value
One of the most dynamic golf destinations in Europe, it is unsurprising that France is one of our best-selling golf break destinations. From the rolling hills of Northern France, Brittany and sunny South of France, to the hustle and bustle of Paris, there is something for everyone. Experience the gastronomy and beauty of the Loire Valley & French Alps with a golf holiday in France. Plus, its position in Europe means a golf weekend in France is only a short plane, ferry or LeShuttle journey away.
Why choose a golf holiday in France?
- An abundance of well maintained golf courses at great value
- Explore the cosmopolitan North or the warm & friendly South
- Play the home of the 2018 Ryder Cup & 2024 Olympic Games
- Visit superb golf resorts, many featured on the European Tour
- Experience world-renowned culture, art, cuisine & wine to enjoy
- Book travel included packages & cross the channel via LeShuttle
Where to play on your France golf holiday
Best golf break destinations in France?
There is no doubt that France ranks among Europe's top three golf destinations for its superb quality of courses and variety of designs, gifting golfers a range of links, parkland, and heathland tracks.
France offers an abundance of golf courses and accommodations, not to mention its rich history, culture, and cuisine. The country offers a stellar combination of authentic French resorts and luxury chateaux in ideal locations, whether it's a weekend getaway in Northern France or a week-long stay in the Alps, there is something for all.
Our most popular French golf destinations include:
- Le Touquet - A lively seaside town which is home to a myriad of fantastic courses with multiple hotel options. An easy LeShuttle away from a beach, pubs and restaurants... What's not to love?
- Paris - Known for its iconic sights, the city of love also boasts great gastronomy, easy transportation, and a buzzing nightlife. An excellent destination for a France golf holiday.
- Brittany - Further down the coast from Le Touquet is the tranquil Brittany which guarantees championship golf, luxury resorts and stunning beaches.
- Cannes & Nice - An underrated location, home to some great golf resorts in the mountains, venues in this region do not disappoint with great hospitality and charismatic culture.
- Bordeaux - If you like your wine then Bordeaux should definitely be on your shortlist for destinations. The city itself lets visitors take in the local attractions or go further afield and enjoy the beautiful French countryside where golf courses embrace the beauty.
Make the most of travel-included packages with only a 35 minute LeShuttle or take a flight down south with regular flights available. France is a great alternative to a UK break if you wish to play golf abroad without spending a great deal of money.
Discover the best golf courses in France
France is often viewed as the place where the game grew in continental Europe, with a lot of classic designers from the UK wanting to put their mark on the glorious French countryside.
There is no short answer, with 804 to choose from and all of the courses offering a different experience it is hard to pick just one. Golf in France offers diverse landscapes and lots of championship golf with the DP World Tour regularly visiting many courses which you can play. Take your pick from parkland, links, and heathland courses and explore the diverse range of golf.
Some of France’s best golf courses include:
- Le Chateau Course at Terre Blanche - Set in a beautiful landscape on the edge of Cote d’Azur. The European Tour venue is known for its impeccable condition, spectacular water features and beautiful views down the fairways.
- Les Châteaux Course at Golf du Medoc - ranked number 9 in the top 100 of best France courses, an inland links providing intimidating tee shots and acres of vineyards for a thoroughly enjoyable round of golf.
- L’Albatros Course at Le Golf National - famed for being the host of the 2018 Ryder Cup where Thomas Bjorn led Europe to an emphatic win. Just outside of Paris, it is a great choice for championship golf on a unique course.
- Les Pins at Golf d'Hardelot - Experience the intricate track just outside Le Touquet where you will battle through the forest, this pairs great with its sister course Les Dunes and Golf de Wimereux for a Le Touquet golf tour.
- Le Mer at Golf du Touquet - A fantastic inland links, ranked in the top 100 golf courses in Europe, this track is no hidden gem having hosted the French Open. Expect undulating fairways and tricky winds but an unforgettable experience.
Explore by map
Not sure where to play? Browse our map and find your ideal destination in a continent of possibilities. We know you will be spoiled for choice! Remember our knowledgeable golf experts are ready to answer any questions.
Best-selling golf holidays in France
Authentic French resorts & luxury chateaux
When it comes to finding the perfect base in France, we offer a wide range of accommodations to suit whatever holiday type you desire. Whether you're seeking a stay in an authentic French chateau or want to make the most of the nightlife staying amongst the action, there's something for everyone.
For golfers wanting to play the best courses in the country, such as Le Golf National, we recommend staying at the nearby Novotel Saint Quentin Golf National or Le Louis Versailles Château which offers a wealth of facilities.
If fine dining with sophistication is what you desire then head to the South of France where a wealth of classy bars and restaurants are waiting to be relished. Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort maintains Michelin-starred standards throughout the resort and is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Another very popular region for a golf holiday in France is France’s rosé region Cannes, where you will find the Whispering Angel vineyard.
Alternatively, If you enjoy a glass of wine then head to the wine capital Bordeaux which is brimming with vineyards, ideal for groups and couples. Here you can stay at the popular Le Golf Du Medoc Resort which provides golfers with excellent value golf & wine packages.
Some of the best golf resorts in France include:
- Hotel Red Fox - A prime location in the town centre of Le Touquet, within walking distance of pubs, restaurants and the beach, and a short journey to some great courses in the area.
- Le Touquet Golf Resort - A great option only five minutes drive from Le Touquet town centre, offering excellent leisure facilities, multiple dining options and a vast choice of golf.
- Saint-Saens Golf Hotel - Set in the middle of an ancient 200-acre estate, the wonderful 19th Century Chateau du Vaudichon has been converted into a bright, elegant and spacious golf hotel.
- Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort - A five-star resort which is ranked in the top 100 golf resorts in the world, if you want class and a reason to head to the south of France, Terre Blanche is the perfect base.
- Domaine de la Bretesche Golf & Spa - A five-star 14th-century castle situated in the heart of the Briere Regional National Park! The hotel provides spectacular views, amazing dining experiences and a famed spa.
Northern France boasts elegance and style with Le Westminster Hotel being the perfect place to stay. A wealth of attractions in the town are all within close proximity meaning you are never short of restaurants and bars. For a traditional experience in a luxury Chateau, the charming 16th Chateau de Chailly boasts a fantastic onsite golf course and enchants all our golfers.
Golf travel tips for France
Best month for golfing weather:
Best month for value:
Most popular month:
Our expert recommend:
Multiple golf break experiences in one country
Not only is there a vast choice of golf courses across France, but there are also several types of golf holidays you can enjoy during your stay.
Some of our popular golf holiday types include:
- Golf weekends in France - escape the everyday and enjoy a golf weekend away, combining golf with charming accommodation.
- Luxury golf holidays - stay and play at award-winning venues in picturesque settings and indulge in Michelin-star dining sampling traditional delicacies.
- Golf tours - great for tailoring a trip to suit your interests and budget, golf tours are perfect for groups looking to stay in and around the major towns/cities, with great golf within easy reach.
- Golf & wine in France - Golf isn’t the only thing on the cards; high-end gastronomy and world-renowned wines await golfers on their travels.
Off the course, with the exception of Italy, no country in the world can compete with France for history, culture, and gastronomy. Be sure to indulge in Michelin-starred restaurants, world-renowned wines, a plethora of art galleries, charming cafes, and majestic castles.
In Brittany, you’ll discover prehistoric menhirs and rugged coastlines. In Northern France, take a trip to the grand place or the Saint Catherine Church in Honfleur. For those looking for a holiday in the South of France, the stunning French Riviera (Cannes, Nice) is ideal for taking in the views.
A global centre for art, fashion, gastronomy and culture, Paris boasts an array of top attractions to keep you occupied while off the course. Take a trip to the iconic Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe or the Louvre museum to discover world-class history and art.
Why book with us?
- The Official Golf Tourism Operator of the PGA TOUR with over 25 years of experience.