For amazing value & choice, Wales is hard to beat
Famed for it's rugged coastline and mountainous National Parks, the natural beauty on offer in Wales is unbeatable. Combine this with an excellent selection of golf courses, from luxury resorts such as St Pierre Marriott Hotel to 'hidden gems', golf breaks in Wales are popular for their value and variety.
Headlined by the likes of The Vale and of course, the Ryder Cup hosting Celtic Manor Resort, it's easy to see why a Wales golf break continues to be a favourite among customers.
Away from the course, the buzzing cities of Cardiff and Newport offer unbeatable nightlife for those looking to make the most of their break. A Wales golf tour is a prime option for those wanting to play a number of top courses in city/town centre accommodation, including the likes of Royal Porthcawl in Swansea and Nefyn & District in North Wales.
Why book a golf break to Wales?
- From parkland to links, play various course types and topography
- Enjoy great value for money, with fantastic group offers
- Explore mountainous landscapes and places of natural beauty
- Stay in a bustling city centre or a beautiful historic town/village
- From resort breaks to golf tours, make your next golf trip special
- Book a great range of 1 night breaks online today
Where to play on your Wales golf break?
Best golf break destinations in Wales
Looking for sunshine, great views and beautiful countryside, then look no further than a golf break in Wales. Visitors can expect picture-perfect courses set amidst stunning scenery, and there is a long array of authentic golf across many great locations.
All venues are only a short drive across the border, making it the perfect destination for a weekend golf break! Whether you choose to stay in quaint towns or lively cities, Wales offers its fair share of nightlife and great pub culture.
From the awe-inspiring scenery to the endless list of incredible activities, Wales is a beautiful country and well worth exploring during your golf holiday. It is famous for its rugged mountains, national parks and Celtic culture.
Our most popular Wales golf destinations include:
- Swansea - the second largest city in Wales, just off the south coast, the destination offers some great nightlife, historic buildings and easy access to some fantastic coastal links courses.
- Cardiff - the country's capital is often a customer favourite when playing golf in Wales. Sample the fantastic nightlife along with being in close proximity to a variety of accommodations to suit all budgets.
- Newport - home to the famed Celtic Manor Resort and great value Marriott St Pierre. Experience a welcoming golfing getaway just a short drive across from the Severn Bridge.
- North Wales - boasting rich history with some picturesque views, you really can't go wrong with a golf tour to North Wales. Dovetail championship golf courses and stay in undiscovered towns and enjoy the local pubs.
Discover the best golf courses in Wales
Choose from a range of top-quality tournament venues like Celtic Manor, which is set in 2,000 acres of picturesque parkland. What's more, Cardiff is home to several incredible courses with the added bonus of the city's bustling nightlife, while the picturesque settings of the South offer some of the best golf courses in the UK.
With championship courses aplenty, and a short drive across the border, Wales is the perfect destination for a weekend golf break!
Some of Wales's best golf courses include:
- Royal St David’s - dating back to 1894, the tough links course is steeped in history but has matured as years have gone on with fast greens, undulating fairways and deep bunkers to make a truly beautiful course.
- Pennard Golf Club - a championship links track which welcomes all golfers to experience the spectacular views over Three Cliffs Bay. Expect some awkward stances and interesting lies, especially when the wind is up to make for a memorable round.
- Twenty Ten Course at Celtic Manor Resort - host of the Ryder Cup in 2010, follow in the footsteps of the best golfers on the planet and navigate the waters in the stunning Usk Valley.
- Machynys Peninsula Golf Club - another modern championship course which has some amazing greens, water hazards and great facilities. Machynys provides golfers with a unique experience with a parkland front 9 and links-style finish.
- Nefyn & District - It is hard to compare Nefyn to anywhere, situated on the cliff tops at the edge of the Porthdinllaen headland which looks out to the Irish Sea. A regular in the top 100 courses in the Uk, providing views of both the sea and Snowdonia throughout the round.
Explore by map
Not sure where to play? Browse our map and find your ideal destination in a continent of possibilities. We know you will be spoiled for choice! Remember our Knowledgable golf experts are ready to answer any questions.
Best-selling golf breaks in Wales
Popular golf holidays in Wales
Indulge in excellent resort & accommodation options
With three of the UK's best-loved golf resorts in The Celtic Manor, The Vale and St Pierre Marriott Hotel, Wales is a fabulous choice for groups looking to park up the car, hit the course and head to dinner - all without leaving the premises! That said, with Newport and Cardiff nearby, it's easy to get tempted into town for a nightcap.
From family-friendly hotels to luxury spa resorts you can be assured that we will provide you with the best price, variety, and choice when it comes to your accommodation. Receive the warmest of welcomes at cosy guesthouses and dine in the finest hotel restaurants.
Test your taste buds on the delicious cuisine at Celtic Manor’s Crown Restaurant or experience cool sophistication at the four-star Quay Hotel, a great option for those looking to explore North Wales.
Some of the best golf resorts in Wales include:
- Celtic Manor - one of the best value golf resorts in the UK, with three fantastic on-site golf courses and host of the 2010 Ryder Cup. The large estate offers 330 rooms as well as everything you could need for a stay all under one roof, from an array of bars to wide variety of activities and spa treatments to enjoy
- The Vale - located just outside of Cardiff, the Vale is a set in beautiful Welsh countryside offering high levels of service with two great golf courses on-site. The resort is also often used by the Welsh national teams to stay at due to its first-class leisure facilities.
- St Pierre - a beautiful manor house nestled in 400 acres of stunning Monmouthshire parkland. Boasting two great golf courses and a variety of dining options, St Pierre is the perfect resort to escape from the noise and enjoy a golfing getaway.
- Bryn Meadows - located a 20-minute drive from Cardiff, offering an 18-hole parkland in the stunning Rhymney Valley, the resort is a great value destination showcasing all the natural beauty of Wales.
For those looking to stay in the South, Swansea is the ideal base, with the majority of our customers staying at The Dragon Hotel – it’s perfect for discovering the city. If you want to head up north then a stay at Royal St David’s Dormy Lodge and Aberdovey Dormy Bungalow are also great options.
Wherever you choose to stay there is a wealth of accommodation options for you to choose from.
Golf travel tips for Wales
Best months for golfing weather:
Best months for value:
Most popular months:
Our experts recommend:
An ideal location for groups and golf tours with stunning golf courses in a beautiful setting, as well as some buzzing cities
UK Travel Consultant
Multiple golf break experiences in one country
Not only is there a variety of golf courses across Wales, but there are also several types of golf holidays you can enjoy during your stay.
Some of our popular golf holiday types include:
- Wales golf tours - great for tailoring a trip to suit your interests and budget, golf tours are perfect for groups looking to stay in and around the major towns/cities, with great golf within easy reach.
- Golf weekend in Wales - A weekend getaway for golfers needing a break from the 9-5 work week. Arrive on Friday, and fill your weekend with golfing memories while staying in charming accommodations.
- Group golf breaks - rally your group and find incredible added values including free places and drinks discounts, all while playing some memorable courses
Off the course, we recommend taking a trip to Snowdonia National Park which boasts plenty of hiking trails, beautiful lakes and glacial landforms.
Cardiff is a must-visit with its great nightlife scene, National Museum and medieval castle. Those looking for hidden gems and unusual things to do, Wales is the place for it. Other attractions include the Devil’s Bridge, Hafod Estate and Conwy Castle.