Enjoy unmatched golf, outstanding resorts & sensational scenery
The golfing paradise of Gran Canaria is another of Spain’s Canary Islands, located off the coast of north-west Africa and famous for its volcanic origin. Due to the island's idyllic location and climate, it is one of Europe's leading golf destinations and currently offers eight stunning golf courses.
Discover courses on the volcanic soils high up on the island or play a round next to the crystal blue ocean. Each course is unique, and the nearby hotels are nothing short of luxurious. You’re guaranteed a memorable golf holiday in Gran Canaria.
Why book a golf holiday to Gran Canaria?
- Bask in the year-round sunshine, perfect for a winter sun escape
- Play a diverse mix of courses, through the desert, coast, & dunes
- Benefit from amazing deals when travelling in May-September
- Travel to all golf courses within 30 minutes of your hotel
Experience golf on volcanoes and coastal scenes
With eight golf courses spread throughout the enchanting island, Gran Canaria is a golfing haven. The well-maintained fairways, breathtaking landscapes, and perfect year-round climate are just the tip of the iceberg.
Gran Canaria boasts an impressive selection of world-class courses that are guaranteed to have you booking a return trip. From the challenging historic layout at Golf Las Palmas to the stunning coastal backdrops of Anfi Tauro Golf, the diverse courses all have memorable traits that will make for a fantastic holiday experience.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner eager to learn the sport, Gran Canaria's exceptional golf courses promise an unforgettable and rewarding adventure.
Some of the best golf courses in Gran Canaria include:
- Salobre Golf Resort New Course - Known as ‘The Beast’ this layout will challenge your game with undulating fairways and large areas of wasteland that await errant tee shots.
- Anfi Tauro Golf – Considered by many as the top course on the island, this championship design presents scenic ocean views and pristine fairways.
- Real Club de Golf Las Palmas – Established in 1891, this phenomenal course is set on the edge of the Bandama Caldera, providing a unique experience for golfers.
- Salobre Golf Resort Old Course - Known as ‘The Beauty’, this track is more forgiving than it’s sister, though the rugged landscape and dramatic elevation changes will test all skill levels.
- Meloneras Golf Club – Set along the rugged coastline, this course uses the natural terrain to form the fairways and greens. Enjoy stunning panoramic views from every hole.
Most popular golf holidays in Gran Canaria
Where to play on your Gran Canaria golf holiday
Browse the best hotels in Gran Canaria
Whether you’re looking for a sumptuous oasis, a resort with on-site golf, or an all-inclusive package, Gran Canaria has it all. With a plethora of accommodation options ranging from luxury hotels to villas and beachfront resorts, you’re guaranteed to find a package to suit your group.
If you’re looking for something more on the luxury end of the scale, then you’re in luck. Many of the nearby venues are rated as five-star and offer modern facilities, spacious rooms, and elegant décor, as well as exceptional service to top off the experience. Not to mention the breathtaking views and easy access to nearby beaches.
There are also some fantastic affordable four-star venues with close proximity to some of the best courses in Gran Canaria.
Some of the best hotels in Gran Canaria include:
- Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity – Enjoy a tranquil break with two on-site golf courses to choose from, and modern amentities throughout the resort.
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras – This seafront resort offers the perfect base for a relaxing golf trip, home to an impressive six outdoor pools and one of the largest spas in Gran Canaria.
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Villa del Conde – Built with a traditional Canarian aesthetic, this hotel is set in a prime coastal location and is just a stone's throw from the beach.
- Hotel Gloria Palace San Agustin – This hotel is just a short walk to Playa del Ingles with rooms and a fantastic on-site restaurant both offering beautiful ocean views.
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess – With a total of six outdoor pools, extensive spa facilities, and numerous on-site activities, there is plenty to keep you busy in-between rounds.
- SENTIDO Gran Canaria Princess – Enjoy the impressive on-site spa, multiple bars and restaurants, and play the stunning nearby courses.
"Throughout the years, Gran Canaria has earned a reputation as a premier winter-sun destination, however, the weather is beautiful year-round and you’ll also find some fantastic summer deals. The island boasts some of the most picturesque golf courses in the world, from cliffs by the ocean to winding through the mountains.”
Mid Haul Travel Consultant
Golf travel tips for Gran Canaria
Best month for golfing weather:
Best months for value:
Most popular months:
Our experts recommend:
Explore by map
Not sure where to play? Browse our map and find your ideal destination in a continent of possibilities. We know you will be spoiled for choice! Remember our knowledgeable golf experts are ready to answer any questions.
Enjoy a sun-kissed golf holiday destination
Gran Canaria is quickly becoming the go-to place for a hot-climate golf holiday, and it’s little wonder why. Known for its picturesque golf courses, lavish hotels, and stunning landscapes, it has all the ingredients for a relaxing getaway. The superb year-round climate means Gran Canaria is also the ideal destination in off-peak seasons.
With more than 80 pristine golden sandy beaches and many areas of outstanding natural beauty, there is a never-ending list of what to see and do in Gran Canaria.
Some of the most popular activities include:
- Boat tour
- Camel riding in Maspalomas Dunes
- Dolphin and whale watching
For a truly indulgent break, go all-inclusive and enjoy the delicious Canarian dishes. Throw in the relaxing atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and cosmopolitan nightlife and you are quick to understand why so many tourists flock to the island.
Why book with us?
- The Official Golf Tourism Operator of the PGA TOUR with over 25 years of experience.