Experience the world’s most authentic & historic courses
Classic links courses, historic locations and jaw-dropping landscapes await in the British Isles, with each country and destination offering something uniquely different from the other. With thousands of courses to choose from – whether it be links and clifftop to heathland and parkland – a golf trip in the UK & Ireland provides plenty of variety.
Scotland, the ‘Home of Golf’, is undoubtedly the flagship country and high up on every golfer’s bucket list, followed very closely by Ireland, which offers a great blend of links golf and legendary hospitality. England has an abundance of Open Championship venues to choose from, and Wales, although lesser-known, is a great option for golfers looking to discover hidden gems.
Why book a golf trip to the UK & Ireland?
- Take a bucket-list trip to the place where the game of golf began
- Play Open Championship venues & iconic links courses
- Soak up the unique sense of history & tradition
- Indulge in the renowned British pub & nightlife scene
- Explore historic cities & landmarks on a golf tour
- Choose from multiple direct flights routes from North America
Popular golf trips in the UK & Ireland
Plan a bucket-list trip to the ‘Home of Golf’
For golf enthusiasts, few destinations can rival the charm, history, and breathtaking courses found in the British Isles. A golf trip to the UK & Ireland is like a pilgrimage, taking you back in time to where the game began.
Originating out of Scotland in the 1400s, players would attempt to hit a pebble over sand dunes and around tracks using a bent stick. Fast-forward 600 years and Scotland is now brimming with world-famous tracks such as Royal Dornoch, Carnoustie, and the two layouts at Trump Turnberry. Not to mention the one and only St Andrews Old Course.
Those considering a trip to Ireland will certainly not be left disappointed with the sheer volume of quality courses. Famous for its stunning landscapes, top courses here include the likes of Old Head Golf Links, Royal Portrush, and of course one of the world’s best layouts – Royal County Down.
There are also numerous golf packages to England which are hugely popular with Golfbreaks clients. If this is something you’re considering, then a round at some of the Royal courses such as Royal Birkdale, Royal St Georges, and home to the 2023 Open Championship, Royal Liverpool certainly wouldn’t go amiss.
While often overlooked, Wales is also a phenomenal destination for a golf vacation. With courses such as Twenty Ten at Celtic Manor setting a high standard alongside the incredibly lively nightlife scene of Cardiff and Swansea, you’re certain to have a memorable trip.
Some of the best golf courses in the UK & Ireland include:
- St Andrews Old Course (Scotland) – The oldest and most historic golf course in the world and host to the 150th Open Championship.
- Royal Dornoch Golf Club (Scotland) – Nestled in the Scottish Highlands, this links layout offers breathtaking views from every hole.
- Championship Course, Carnoustie Golf Links (Scotland) – Play your way through demanding holes and experience one of the best 18th holes in golf.
- Old Head Golf Links (Ireland) – Test your game with challenging fairways and panoramic views from every hole on this awe-inspiring track.
- Royal County Down Golf Club (Ireland) – Set against the stunning backdrop of the Mourne Mountains, this course is famous for its remarkable scenery.
- Ballybunion Golf Club (Ireland) – Enjoy playing through the rugged landscape and rolling dunes at this course set on the Atlantic coastline.
- Royal Birkdale Golf Club (England) – Founded in 1969, this championship course is ranked as one of the very best in the UK.
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club (England) – Set on the edge of the Dee shores, this historic course was restored to modern championship standard by Donald Steel.
- Royal Porthcawl Golf Club (Wales) – Play along the south coast of Wales. The open layout allows for strong winds, adding to the already challenging layout.
Whether you choose to go to Scotland or Ireland, England or Wales you will marvel at the sense of what has gone before you. From Willie Park and Old Tom Morris to Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer to Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy, you’re guaranteed to follow in the footsteps of legends.
Explore the UK & Ireland on a golf tour
Whether it's that 'special' American bond or sense of 'cousinship' with the Canadians, Britain has always opened its arms to North American golf travellers. There is that spiritual connection and ancestry that far outweighs the unpredictable weather or warm beer.
With so much to see and do and golf courses around every corner, the common mistake amongst golf travellers is to try and fit too much into an itinerary. To help you plan your bucket-list trip, we have created a set of tried and tested golf tours which allow you to play the world's best courses while exploring popular destinations and experiencing the historic culture. From discovering UK & Ireland hidden gems to playing Open Championship tracks, we’ve got you covered.
Some of the best golf tours in the UK & Ireland include:
- The Complete Scottish Coast to Coast Golf Tour – Explore three of the five top golfing regions of Scotland on this 10-night tour. You’ll play courses such as Carnoustie and Kingsbarns, and if you’re lucky you could even snag a tee time at the Old Course!
- St Andrews, Highlands & Edinburgh Trilogy Tour – Enjoy spectacular scenery while exploring the historic town of St Andrews. You’ll play a mixture of both modern links layouts as well as traditional tracks, ensuring you get a well-rounded experience.
- Northern Ireland & Dublin Classic Golf Tour – With three Royal courses incorporated into your itinerary, you’re guaranteed a memorable trip. Start your stay in Northern Ireland & play your way to Dublin with seven rounds of golf.
- The Complete South West Ireland Golf Tour – If you’re hoping to focus your golf package on links courses, then this tour is for you. Play the most famous links tracks in Ireland, from Old Head to Lahinch.
- Signature South East England Golf Tour – If you’d like the comfort of staying in one hotel while playing numerous different courses, then this tour is the perfect choice. With iconic tracks such as Prince’s and Royal St George’s, you’ll struggle to beat this England golf trip package.
- Wonderful Wales Golf Tour – Play six rounds of spectacular golf, including rugged links courses and unspoilt hidden gems. This Wales golf tour features pristine courses at incredible value for money.
Explore by map
Not sure where to play? Browse our map to find your ideal destination in a region of possibilities. We know you will have plenty of choices! Remember our knowledgeable golf experts are ready to answer any questions.
Customized UK & Ireland golf packages
Experience excellent value accommodations
The UK & Ireland is full of iconic cities, vibrant towns and charming villages all brimming with history and character, that offer multiple accommodation options.
From quaint little Inns and B&Bs to expansive five-star golf resorts, the choice is wide and deep. Unlike in the USA, breakfast tends to be included with your stay, however, be warned that room sizes do tend to be smaller, so be sure to ask our Golf Vacation Specialists about upgrade options and costs.
Some of the best accommodations in the UK & Ireland include:
- Old Course Hotel St Andrews (Scotland) - Nestled in the heart of St Andrews, this luxury hotel offers stunning views of the Old Course and the coastline, providing a perfect base for golf enthusiasts exploring the iconic birthplace of golf.
- Trump Turnberry (Scotland) - Set on the stunning Ayrshire coastline, this five-star resort boasts two championship golf courses, including the renowned Ailsa Course, along with luxurious accommodations and exceptional amenities
- Adare Manor (Ireland) - This opulent hotel combines historic charm with modern luxury. With its own championship golf course, host to the Ryder Cup 2027, and lavish accommodations, it offers a perfect blend of elegance and world-class golf.
- Killarney Plaza Hotel & Spa (Ireland) - Located in the heart of Killarney, this stylish hotel provides a luxurious haven for golfers exploring the stunning landscapes of southwestern Ireland.
- The Vincent Hotel (England) - A chic and contemporary experience for golfers embarking on a Southport golf tour. With its stylish design, modern amenities, and proximity to world-class golf, it offers a perfect fusion of comfort and convenience.
- The Lodge at Prince’s Golf Club (England) - With its picturesque setting, comfortable accommodations, and direct access to Prince's Golf Club, this boutique hotel provides a memorable golfing getaway.
- Celtic Manor (Wales) - Known for hosting the 2010 Ryder Cup, this luxurious resort in Newport boasts three championship golf courses, including the Twenty Ten Course, designed specifically for the prestigious event.
The courses in the UK & Ireland are the envy of the golfing world. Nowhere else can boast such a diverse collection of layouts, with historic links courses taking center stage!
Senior Golf Vacation Specialist - UK & Ireland
Explore things to do in the UK & Ireland
As well as world-class golf courses, the UK & Ireland is a region that is known for its spectacular scenery, rich history and vibrant culture, and there is plenty to see and do off the course.
Wherever you’re staying, test your taste buds on traditional cuisine, explore lively nightlife in cities such as Liverpool, London, Dublin and Edinburgh, or discover the natural beauty of the rural countryside. Tour Scotland's historic castles, experience the English pub scene with Fish & Chips washed down by a pint of ale, or take a trip to Northern Ireland's mysterious Causeway Coast.
Discover the best guides & activities for your UK & Ireland golf trip:
Why book with anyone else?
- Guaranteed best price, flexible booking and free amendments.