Covid-19 information for overseas breaks
Date of latest update: Updated 1st September
With over 2,500 hotels and golf courses available throughout our website, it is not possible to provide a full and conclusive list of measures that each venue has implemented as they reopen.
We have compiled a list below of the most common changes that you may expect to find:
Information before you travel
With each country having individual policies around accepting visitors throughout this summer, it is important check the below before travelling.
- For up to date travel advice on the country you are due to visit, check FCO advice.
- Check your departure and arrival airport's website for any specific measures that have been implemented.
- Ensure you are aware of any changes to flight times, or arrival times at your departure airport.
- Check you have adequate travel insurance and are familiar with what is covered in your plan.
- We recommend that you take face masks and hand sanitiser on your trip.
What to expect when travelling
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN RETURNING TO THE UK:
Please ensure you are up to date with the latest public health and quarantine measures in place in the UK. At present everyone entering the UK must complete a form 48 hours prior to your arrival date, back to the UK.
For more information and to fill out the form, visit here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
We would advise you to check with your airlines and airports websites directly to gain the most up to date and accurate advice. We have provided some guidance below.
- All passengers will be required to wear a face mask at all time in terminal buildings.
- There is no requirement being advised from airports to arrive early, so please stick to the normal guidelines for check-in times.
- Most airports are now trialling temperature screening throughout the terminal buildings.
- Protective screens have been installed throughout the terminal buildings, including check-in desks and security.
- Passengers will be required to bring and wear their own face masks throughout their journey.
- Passengers will be required to carry and load their own luggage into the vehicle unless they have mobility issues, in which case the driver will assist.
- Vehicles will be sanitised after every journey and passengers will be asked to sanitise before they enter.
- Some vehicles are operating at a reduced capacity for the number of people allowed on board.
- You will need to fill in a health declaration form, available here. If you are travelling via an alternative operator, please check with them before you depart to check if they have any additional requirements.
- Terminal Buildings are open but with limited shops and services.
- Toilets will be unavailable on the shuttles.
- Please find more information here https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/
- Auto Europe is our car hire partner and they are in daily contact with their trusted partners. They are taking measures to protect and disinfect their vehicles to guarantee the health and safety of you, our customers.
- Please find more information here https://www.autoeurope.co.uk/car-hire-during-coronavirus-crisis/
- Passengers will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- To avoid crowding in public areas (stairwells and lifts) you will not be able to leave your car until a crew member informs you that your cabin is ready. You will be given a colour code on your cabin key which will denote when you can board and disembark.
- Please find more information here https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus
What to expect on your overseas break
- We would advise you to take face masks with you, as you will likely be expected to wear them in the pro shop and in other areas of the hotel/resort.
- With social distancing measures in place, there may find slightly longer queues at check-in. Some venues may ask you to pre-register on an app to speed up the process.
- For additional security, your temperature may be taken upon arrival.
- Venues will likely implement social distancing measures throughout the complex.
- Rigorous cleaning protocols are likely to have been put in place which may affect check-in / out times.
- There may be changes to restaurant layouts and dining options on-site which differ from what is stipulated on your booking summary in the portal.
- Some restrictions on table sizes may be in place and you must adhere to any guidelines being delivered on-site.
- Most venues are offering table service for drinks & dinner, and multiple household groups may be split up. We would strongly advise on waiting until check-in to ask what the latest dining arrangements are at your venue.
- Each country will have different restrictions regarding leisure facilities, please check with reception to see if these facilities will be available during your visit.
- Bar areas are likely to be open albeit with table service being the preferred option. Nightclubs will remain closed until further government notice
- Golf courses will implement social distancing measures.
- Buggies will be sanitised between each guest, which may affect availability.
- Venues may be implementing different options for buggies which may include screens between passengers or only 1 person per buggy. Please check with the pro shop on arrival for their up to date options.
- Some on-course furniture such as benches, all washers, shoe cleaning and bunker rakes may have been removed.
- Most venues will accept cash but contactless payments on debit/credit cards will likely be the preferred option.
What are your options?
We are working extremely hard to ensure that none of our customers are affected financially. Below are the options available to you in order to minimise any financial impact for you or your group.
- Bookings unaffected by closures are still going ahead as planned, this means any payments or administration work (e.g. rooming lists) for a booking are still required.
- If you wish to cancel a booking for any reason resulting in a disinclination to travel, your deposits remain non-refundable and you may incur supplier cancellation charges as per our terms and conditions. To view our terms and conditions please click here.
Making changes to your existing booking
- We are able to make changes to your existing booking without penalty up to 28 days prior to travel (some exceptions do apply, which you would have been made aware of at the time of booking).
- If you are within 4 weeks, please contact us to find out how we can support you as there may be supplier cancellation charges.
- If you are outside of 8 weeks until you travel and are currently uncertain about travelling, we would advise waiting to see what the guidance is as we get closer to your travel date. The advice is constantly evolving, and we are regularly monitoring it. We can look to make changes early however we are prioritising imminent travel so appreciate your patience.
We will contact you:
- If your venue is closed or not operational and you are travelling imminently you will be contacted by our expert advisors to assist you with alternative options.
- If your trip is not imminent, we will be waiting until closer to the travel date to contact customers that are affected by any current changes.
- If you have not been contacted by email (please check your junk or spam) or phone - then your venue is open. We are unable to make individual calls to let you know that a venue is open. If you would like to check, we would advise you to visit your venue's website for their latest updates and information.
- If there is anything that would significantly impact your trip outside of the new Covid-19 expectations, we will be in touch either by email or phone to notify you.
ABTA and FCO advice
ABTA have created a Coronavirus Q&A page for customers, which is being updated regularly. Visit https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak for further information.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides up to date information about travelling abroad for all of the destinations we promote. Visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus for further information.
All the information provided on these pages is given in good faith and may be subject to change.